Notice to those who pack the boxes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
I ordered a kit and choose the double pitching option. When I started to unpack the box I found both Wyeast packet were together in a sealed bag. Right away i saw yeast. So I open the bag and found one of the Wyeast packets had busted along the top edge. This did not happen during shipping but before it was put in the bag with the 2nd Wyeast packet as there was very little liquid yeast. Oddly enough the nutrient pouch had not been smacked.

I would've thought the guy pulling the yeast out the fridge would've noticed this before sealing it in the bag with the other Wyeast packet. Oh well now I have to wait to brew or make a starter.

Rant over.

I've never seen a complete failure to seal with Wyeast, but have had a couple packs top seam blow open when I smacked it. The vendor should replace it for free as does my LHBS when I get a poorly sealed pack. Of course it doesn't save the brew day, but its something.

Called - no answer

Emailed - waiting on response

I don't expect any issues this place is great to work with.

I've never seen a complete failure to seal with Wyeast, but have had a couple packs top seam blow open when I smacked it. The vendor should replace it for free as does my LHBS when I get a poorly sealed pack. Of course it doesn't save the brew day, but its something.

The "blow out" has happened to me twice. :(

Update:

They called me in response to the email. Replacement being mailed today.

Latest posts

Back