over/under carbed beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmystank

Reaction score
Noob question. So I bottled my first batch bout a week ago. Dont know why but reading things here bout bottle bombs has got me wondering if I F****d up. I siphoned the beer to the bottling bucketafter I put the priming sugar that had been boiled and what not, making sure I had it mixing in with the sugar. Heres my problem...I didnt stir it after Id transferred it all. So Im wondering if possible it didnt mix well and just got the bottom portion. Anyone have any experience with this.

the flow of the beer into the bottling bucket on top of the priming solution will mix it up. i will admit that i've had a few beers that were more carbed than others, but 90% of the bottles have the same carbonation, so you'll be fine.

I'm no expert, but you should fine. I've heard people say not to stir to prevent oxidation. I normally just put the siphon curved along the side so it acts as a natural stirrer. But then again I just had one batch that took forever to carb, but that was temperature related I believe. My first batch ever was a California Common and I didn't read the directions and just poured the sugar in and siphoned on top of it, and the beer came out really carbed. Good luck.

I never stir. If you have a nice coil of hose in the bottom of the bottling bucket when racking there is no reason to.

Back