EdWort's Oktoberfest Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zixxer10R

Reaction score
Ed,
I made your Oktoberfest ale last weekend and in the process i ended up sacrificing a good number of bees, i guess they were attracted to the grain i brought home.

Do you mind if i rename my batch to "Bee-micide Oktoberfest" in honor of the fallen?

This is so strange. I never have problems with bees flying into my wort, except when I brewed this recipe.

This is so strange. I never have problems with bees flying into my wort, except when I brewed this recipe.

They never made it INTO my wort, but they sure tried. Many a bee that day were consumed by my golden retrievers. I tried to stop them, but they love that "crunch"!

This year has been crazy for me also with insects. I can’t even brew outside the flies are so bad and for some reason every time a mosquito bites me I get huge welts which never happened to me before. With all the rain early in the year and then all the heat I guess they were all getting extra buzzzy this year!

Well, i've waited over the weekend for a "no" response. I didn't get one so now i'm officially christening my first Oktoberfest ale the "Bee-micide Oktoberfest".

Speak now or forever hold your "bees". Haha! I came up with that one on the fly just now. How sweet is that? Ok, i'll stop.

Happy brewing everyone!

Back