Holiday Brew Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamen

Reaction score
What is a good Christmas Extract Kit I could make this weekend or next that would be ready in time for the Holidays and also very drinkable? I want something that says "Yeah, this is Christmas!" when they drink it, but not be so out there that it puts people off. Any suggestions?

All of the LHBS have Holiday kits. Something with cinamin, nutmeg, clove etc. A beer like that needs to condition for a while. Do wait wait too long to get it brewed. I will be bottleing mine next week after a 3 week ferment.

A sample from MidWest on line store. I have not made this one. Just an idea for you to look into.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/happy-holiday-brew.html#Details_tab

Brewers Best has a great holiday kit. It's basically a holiday spiced brown ale. The price tag is a little steep (its considered a premium seasonal) at $55.

Northern Brewer has a spiced holiday ale that is relatively cheap. It's based on a Scotch Ale, I believe.

I brewed the BB Holiday Ale Kit 9/25/11 OG 1.068 explosive start, left it in Primary for 3 weeks and now it's in the Secondary I think I'll bottle this weekend. it had a good taste during transfer to secondary.

I brewed the AHS Special Holiday Ale about a week ago. Hope it comes out good, my brewing reputation this holiday season depends on it!!

I just brewed More Beer's Holiday Ale kit. Smells wonderful and tasted great pre yeast! It's on sale too like 6 bucks off of its price of around 33 dollars.

Brewers Best has a great holiday kit. It's basically a holiday spiced brown ale. The price tag is a little steep (its considered a premium seasonal) at $55.

I paid in the 30s for my kit as well. I would ask whoever you bought it from what gives with the massive discrepancy.

Has anyone else who has brewed the BB holiday ale noticed a real alcoholic hotness to it? I fermented at 64 ambient with nottingham and it would be good if it weren't for the fact that it tastes loaded with fusels.

Do a quick gallon of cider for mulling too! Apple juice, yeast, nutrient, pectolase, ferment clear and rack. Then warm up on the hob with mulling spice, lemon, apple and orange, your family will thank you
:)

Back