Hosted a Beer Tasting Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I hosted a beer tasting party with four flights of beers (each flight paired with a cheese and another dish). Nice mix of people, lots of beer geeks but also friends who didn't know much about beer. The party was a benefit for the campus ministry my son is a part of at college.

The flights were:

1. 5 Rabbits Blond Ale and a handmade Cream Ale
2. Bell's Amber, Metropolitan's Alt, and a handmade Amber Ale
3. Argus' Pegasus IPA, Finch's Threadless IPA, a handmade Rye IPA, and Lagunita's Hop Stoopid
4. Barley Island's Brass Knuckles Oatmeal Stout, a handmade Cream Stout and a handmade RIS

More info and pictures at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html

Looks like a fantastic event. Glad it was a success! Great model for ministry fundraising.

I'm not sure if I would have had more fun hosting or more fun attending. Sounds like a great event, and Im glad it turned out well!

CreamyGoodness said:
I'm not sure if I would have had more fun hosting or more fun attending. Sounds like a great event, and Im glad it turned out well!

It was fun to host, but a lot of work.

One thing that was fun was connecting the beer geeks with the beer curious.

passedpawn said:
Nice. I think the "handmade" term is interesting. Why do you say that instead of "homebrewed"?

I use both interchangeably. It's kind of like the 'is homebrewed beer craft beer?' question.

Also, some less beer-literate folks may have negative connotations with homebrew.

What do you think about it?

I haven't given a lot of thought to it, handmade sounds right but I sometimes call it artisinal, too, as well as homebrewed.

Back