Anyone notice any changes to Anchor Steam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdp

Reaction score
the other part of california. Pines, not palms
I know they were sold a few months ago, and the new owners goals were to expand their production and reach more areas. I got a bottle at a restaurant yesterday and was completely disapointed. It tasted more malty than usual, and it didn't seem like Northern Brewer hops were used, but I'm not sure what type of hops they tasted like.

I had a few bottles last week and it was fine. I am hoping that it was just an old bottle or something, I would to hate for them to ruin such a good thing. Anyone else notice anything different in the past week or so?:confused:

I hope. what struck me as odd though was when I poured it, the head was pure white, it didn't have the amber tint it usually has. that doesn't seem like a storage issue. any clue what could cause that?

I am sure I will be buying it many times again in the near future, so I'm sure I will figure out whats going on.

Back