keeping non-Perlicks clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradneal

Reaction score
I have just setup my 2-tap kegerator and will have to get by with the faucets that came with the tower for a while. Eventually, I will get Perlicks, but for now, I'll have to make do.

Since I don't drinking beer every day, I am pretty sure that I will have to contend with sticky faucets until I can upgrade. Does anyone have suggestions for keeping the faucets in good working order?

Thanks,
Brad

a little spray bottle of starsan at squirted into the faucet at the end of the night seems to help I have heard:)

Perlick's ball valve stays in front of the beer, where traditional faucets seal from behind, allowing the seal to dry out and become sticky. Perlicks are never exposed to air as long as there is beer in the line.

I have been pretty pleased with this:

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Faucet-Fresh-Cleaning-Kit.html

Every time I take one out, after I am done drinking for the night I replace it with a new one (or the same one rinsed and resoaked in the cleaner).

The only trick is you are supposed to air dry for 5 minutes before drinking so you have to plan ahead a little bit. Zero sticking since I starting using these. As far as I can tell, the cleaning solution will last me years so it is pretty cheap.

Thanks for the link - this looks like a pretty good idea.
I have been pretty pleased with this:

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Faucet-Fresh-Cleaning-Kit.html

Every time I take one out, after I am done drinking for the night I replace it with a new one (or the same one rinsed and resoaked in the cleaner).

The only trick is you are supposed to air dry for 5 minutes before drinking so you have to plan ahead a little bit. Zero sticking since I starting using these. As far as I can tell, the cleaning solution will last me years so it is pretty cheap.

Back