Seeking bikers that brew, 1%'s welcome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillbillyDeluxe

Reaction score
Hey bro's,
I'm lookin for bikers to start a group. 1%'s welcome (as long as ya can brew) and i'd like to get some meets at rallies in KY, OH, IN, TN, going for brewers. Can you imagine little sturgis with about 100 gal of homebrew? Let me know if your interested.

I'm not a 1%er but I ride and I brew.

We start the year off in Tennessee @ Hawg Holler.
We attend Hogrock and Hogrocktoberfest every year in Illinois.
Usually just ride down to Little Sturgis for the day and then over to Shawneetown.

Sounds like a good idea to me...I usually take some firecracker cherries with me they always seem to be a hit.

My dad and I have BMW cruisers and a Honda that is more chrome than anything, would love to kick it around with you guys.

The major rallies i try to hit are little sturgis and hog rock, sometimes chilicothe. I have pretty time demanding job so it difficult to hit them all. Every one(not spandx guy) drop an E-mail to [email protected] and we'll see what we can put together.
As far as the 1%ers i'm not either i do hang out with a couple fromtime to time and just like to let them know.

Dont do the cruiser scene, but I ride about 12k miles a year and Ive brewed once or twice ;)

Another individual who enjoys riding on two wheel here. :)

Not a 1%'er though.

I have to admit... that's one aspect of the Reno/Tahoe area that is just stellar: so many rides to choose from on any given day.

yeah, I used to live in Oklahoma City. I got out that way alot. There arent alot of rallies to chose from here. Hell seems like there was one every weekend out that way. Here you gotta really search and stay up on the stuff.
I liked NV though. I spent some time in Fallon when i was in the service. Used to go up there and drop bombs on stuff. Kinda showed my a$$ in Vegas some too. But who doesnt.

Chimone,
Nothin wrong with crotch rockets, used to have one myself. Its the same wind, anyone tells you any different or snubs ya over your ride doesnt get it anyway. Besides most of the rubs just by the bike so they dont look so stupid in the T-shirt or with the sticker on their SUV.

I wouldnt call it a crotch rocket either. I think the proper term is Adventure Class or something along those lines. But I hear ya, its got two wheels with the same wind in my hair. Its about the ride, not what you ride. If you make it out to the southwest someday let me know. I know some great roads.

and since everyone likes pics
current
Current_0011.jpg

previous
3394-VTX008.jpg

Dont do the cruiser scene, but I ride about 12k miles a year and Ive brewed once or twice ;)

That's about like me...not quite 12k, but my bike is my main mode of transportation, weather permitting.

I don't mix brewing/drinking and bikes though, so I would be out for most get-togethers.

Top one i would call a sport touring bike, nice sporty ride with some of the convenience of a cruiser. The other is a good metric cruiser. Great bikes, easy to maintain and aint no shamein that. I'll get some of my scooter pics up for ya

That's about like me...not quite 12k, but my bike is my main mode of transportation, weather permitting.

I don't mix brewing/drinking and bikes though, so I would be out for most get-togethers.

Nah, no need to count yourself out. I never crawn on my scoot after drinking. If we go to get togethers, or rallies, the brews dont come out till the kickstands go down for the day. We camp at most of these things, baisically ride all day, parkm and then party. Good policy though.

Nah, no need to count yourself out. I never crawn on my scoot after drinking. If we go to get togethers, or rallies, the brews dont come out till the kickstands go down for the day. We camp at most of these things, baisically ride all day, parkm and then party. Good policy though.

That's cool - I will have to keep aprised then...around here a lot of the rally's aren't that way. The beer starts flowing at lunch and the bikes don't shut down til the wee hours of the morn.

Here is my current ride BTW
IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

I thought it was for people that only drink NA beer, 1% of less?

My bike is not suited for rallies unless they are under 200 miles and involve dirt and asphault.

I ride and brew also. I don't hit the rally scene much, but if there were other brewers there that liked to ride things would change. This thread was cool. I didn't realize so many homebrewers had bikes.

Does a 30-year-old Yamaha Triple qualify for your little club? I've never been to a rally (always thought they were just for Hog owners) but it would be kinda cool.

I wouldnt call it a crotch rocket either. I think the proper term is Adventure Class or something along those lines. But I hear ya, its got two wheels with the same wind in my hair. Its about the ride, not what you ride. If you make it out to the southwest someday let me know. I know some great roads.

and since everyone likes pics
current
Current_0011.jpg

Damn, that's a nice looking bike.

I'm so outlaw I ride a Honda.

I brew but I can't say where...it might be illegal here.
But I have a '93 Virago XV750 that I ride 60 miles a day back and forth to work and also on my days off. I put 23,000 on it in the last year and a half.
I ride the Trail of Tears every year and this year thinking about going down to Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City, Fl. I also ride some local Toys for Tots and charity rides.

I brew lots more than that though, lol.

I ride and brew also. I don't hit the rally scene much, but if there were other brewers there that liked to ride things would change. This thread was cool. I didn't realize so many homebrewers had bikes.

Thanks man, I think so too. I think brewin goes with ridin and the lifestyle. Now that not to say i agree with drinkin an ridin, in fact, i'm dead set against it. I do however believe in ridin all day(sober) and then returnin to camp, kickstands down for the night, poppin some tops that everyone brought and gettin a good time on. And i harshly enforce that with those i ride with.:rockin:

Does a 30-year-old Yamaha Triple qualify for your little club? I've never been to a rally (always thought they were just for Hog owners) but it would be kinda cool.

Look man, i ride a hog. But i dont believe in anyone lookin down on what a man rides. Hell most cant afford harleys. The wind in your face is the same no matter what is under your ass. No true biker will ever short you for your ride, cus at least your ridin.:rockin:

dont matter what you ride. We have a mixed group that goes to Laconia every year. I have done some brewing

springer2.jpg

I brew but I can't say where...it might be illegal here.
But I have a '93 Virago XV750 that I ride 60 miles a day back and forth to work and also on my days off. I put 23,000 on it in the last year and a half.
I ride the Trail of Tears every year and this year thinking about going down to Tghunder Beach Rally in Panama City, Fl. I also ride some local Toys for Tots and charity rides.

I brew lots more than that though, lol.

Dude there is nowhere in the US i know of that its illegal to homebrew. Long as you aint sellin without givin uncle sam his.

Oh, there are some states where it's illegal. Utah and Alabama I believe.

Dude it never even crossed my mind that this crap could be happenin in the country i dedicated most of my adult life to defending. I did some research on this and i'm gonna find an organization here in KY to get out laws cleared up(clarified). Thanks!!! The recipes and the brewin advice are great, but that was the best info i got yet. Tou rock!!!:ban::rockin:

Look man, i ride a hog. But i dont believe in anyone lookin down on what a man rides. Hell most cant afford harleys. The wind in your face is the same no matter what is under your ass. No true biker will ever short you for your ride, cus at least your ridin.:rockin:

dont matter what you ride. We have a mixed group that goes to Laconia every year. I have done some brewing

Thanks, guys, I appreciate that. Because I've been saying for years now that when she finally dies, I'm getting a Harley. Well, after 25 years she's not going anywhere. Good thing, too, cuz there's no WAY i could afford a Hog right now or even anytime soon. Besides, the bike I ride has its own cult following, albeit a small one:

The Yamaha Triples Community:mug:

I do both here's a pic from a couple of years ago when me and a buddy of mine went to Daytona for bike week. The beer was a double IPA, of course we only drank at night when we got back to the campground.......

We've been making wine for 7+ years, brewing beer for 3+ years and as of this past spring, I'm back on a bike again. 2 rides: Honda XR650L & Honda ST1300A.

Need a central meeting place? We are trying to increase the participation in the Mid South Motorcycle Festival & Boss Hoss Rally to be held September 17-19, 2009 at Paris Landing State Park. There will be lots to see and do including dice & poker runs, BBQ cook off, bike rodeo, parade, bike show, live bands & more. The park is right on the banks of the TN river, a.k.a. Kentucky Lake and has lodging, campground, marina, golf course and more. See Tennessee State Parks: Paris Landing for park info.

Quote from the park policies:"Except in facilities that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages, consumption of alcoholic beverages within state park areas that are open to the general public is forbidden."

This does not mean that we can't set up a small convention of our own off site for beer conversation. I will check with the organizers of the rally to see what they think about this. One of the local BBQ & beer joints participates in the organized rides. They organize rides from there all of the time and he might be game for helping set something up on the home brew front. If there is enough interest in doing something like this from the forum members, I can do the leg work and see what we can get set up to go along with the motorcycle festival.

Also see ST-Owners.com under the events heading and Tennessee headings for more info on the Rally Event. Or search under user Treemuncher for my threads.

treemuncher said:
Quote from the park policies:"Except in facilities that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages, consumption of alcoholic beverages within state park areas that are open to the general public is forbidden."

Ok, but is the park's camping area "open to the general public?"

Ok, but is the park's camping area "open to the general public?"

Yes, I'm sure that would be their opinion at the park. We all know that no matter the rules, alcoholic beverages will be consumed on the golf course, on the campground, at the marina and just about everywhere else. They will not condone it. They do not want it in plain sight.

Don't forget, this is the South and we still have dry counties around here. Just cross over the state line into KY and you are in one - less than 5 miles from the park. Dyersburg lost the Boss Hoss Rally because they were too uptight over people serving beer on the court square. Henry County (Paris) is not a dry county but the State Park is State Property and they have their own rules.

There are other campgrounds and motels besides the park here in the area. Rules will vary with location.

Bottom line is we have lots of great roads to ride locally. And I have the best water which leads to great beer!:mug:

Back