Need help finding the right burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcampo

Reaction score
Im designing and eventually building a single tier brewing stand. But, I want to make sure I buy the correct burners that correspond to the system that I want. The future system that I want is:

It will be a direct fire RIMS,
3 kettles, 3 burners.
Enough capacity to do 10 gallon batches if I choose.
The potential to convert the burners to natural gas eventually.
The potential to eventually make it an automated system.

one other question. Doing some more research on these burners, and do you think the BG-14 high pressure would be too much for the mash tun, since I am only using it to heat my strike water and raise a decreased mash temp? Or is it needed for the mash tun because of my desire to do 10 gallon batches?

Regardless of how you'll use each of the three burners, my primary reason for recommending the BG-14 is it's one of the few burners that can be readily changed from high pressure propane to low pressure natural gas, and that was on your list.

Beyond that, the BG-14 has a very wide and even flame pattern, and can be run very low, which helps avoid scorching, particularly when used with a direct-fired MT...

Cheers!

Back