Avery Czar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrduna01

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found a clone recipe for Avery's "Czar". Sorry if this is not the proper spot for this post.

I've emailed Avery in the past about some help cloning one of their beers, and they were very kind and helpful and gave me pretty much the whole recipe. So I'd say that's your best shot!

jvcjbl said:
Avery makes EPIC beers!! Only one I don't like is their Saison.

That Czar just blew me away! I love big bodied beers that really come on strong and that beer really does it for me. I would love to brew something similar but I'm worried I don't have the patience to a age a sucker that big!

mrduna01 said:
That Czar just blew me away! I love big bodied beers that really come on strong and that beer really does it for me. I would love to brew something similar but I'm worried I don't have the patience to a age a sucker that big!

To me it was very mild and easy drinking... Then again Ruinination is a walk in the park for me. My pallet is all wonky. I loved it because of it's session-a-bility.

jvcjbl said:
To me it was very mild and easy drinking... Then again Ruinination is a walk in the park for me. My pallet is all wonky. I loved it because of it's session-a-bility.

Mild?!? Wow that is wonky! Lol j/k. It's smooth but has a very warm alc bite to it to me.

Mild?!? Wow that is wonky! Lol j/k. It's smooth but has a very warm alc bite to it to me.

I don't get the alcohol bite. The "lighest" beer I have in my house is my 7.8% IPA and the other "lighter" is a 10% Strong Ale. I will drink around 3-5 on the weekend and who knows on the weekend. My tolerance is high and my pallet is wonky, but my passion for beer is HIGH!

Back