Freezer Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcsund86

Reaction score
I was trying to adjust the internal temperature of my keezer (using the instructions found in this threadhttps://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/gu...liminate-external-control-249612/index26.html) I adjusted the screw and plugged the freezer in and it worked fine, but didn't get to the right temp so I re adjusted the screw. Now when I plug the freezer in I hear a click noise every couple of minutes, but the freezer won't run. Is there any way to fix this without contacting a repair tech?

(i've tried adjusting the screw back to it's original position.)

mine does that as well, from what i've heard its the relay basically telling the compressor "you cannot turn on that frequently!" when it tires to come on to cool it back down.

make sure it's at where it was when you first got it at your house, plug it in and let it run for a few hours before doing anything else :mug:

You need at least 2-5 minutes between starts for the pressures to equalize in the refrigerant circuit, otherwise the compressor will stall and trip the current/ overheat switch attached to the side of the compressor.

Back