another flat beer thread....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bperlmu

Reaction score
I tasted my nut brown today after two weeks in the bottle and it is still completely flat... no change from when i tasted it last week... i know many people have had problems with beer not carbonating... but ive never had a beer this flat after two full weeks. do i just need to give it more time? roll the bottles around like some posts have suggested? I carbed it with 3/4 cup of corn sugar boiled in about a pint of water as I always do.

The flavors pretty good, so if it ever bubbles up it'll be a tasty beer
im hoping its just a slow carbonator

sitting at room temp for two weeks?

what strain of yeast? OG and FG?

could definitely try inverting the bottles a few times, then wait a week and test again.

I made a stout that was like that took about 2 months to develop a decent carbonation - personally i usually use a cup of sugar i find sometimes with 3/4 cups during the prime u get a little bit of a flat beer.

bperlmu said:
I tasted my nut brown today after two weeks in the bottle and it is still completely flat... no change from when i tasted it last week... i know many people have had problems with beer not carbonating... but ive never had a beer this flat after two full weeks. do i just need to give it more time? roll the bottles around like some posts have suggested? I carbed it with 3/4 cup of corn sugar boiled in about a pint of water as I always do.

The flavors pretty good, so if it ever bubbles up it'll be a tasty beer
im hoping its just a slow carbonator

Just an old man's musing here, but have you ever wondered why the big old breweries use one yeast to brew and another to bottle??? :eek:

OldFarmer said:
Just an old man's musing here, but have you ever wondered why the big old breweries use one yeast to brew and another to bottle??? :eek:

I can think of three reasons:
1. ferment with proprietary strain
2. Bottling strain has better long term storage
3. Bottling strain flocculates and sticks to the bottom better

Beerrific said:
I can think of three reasons:
1. ferment with proprietary strain
2. Bottling strain has better long term storage
3. Bottling strain flocculates and sticks to the bottom better

Let's see now, how could that apply to this thread? :)

Latest posts

Back