Mix n Match AG Recipe: What would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
Alright boys..

I've got a bit of ingredients lying around the house & I'm going to brew something this weekend.. but I'm interested to see what you all would do..

What recipe would you used if you had these ingredients? Ive included some brief descriptions to assist any of the newer brewers (that rhymes!)..
enjoy!!
I'm very interested to see what you all say..

10# Rahr Pale Ale Malt

1/2# Crystal 20L Gives a sweet, mild caramel flavor and a golden color. For pilsner beer & light amber beer.

1/2# Crystal 40L Gives a sweet, medium caramel flavor and a golden color to light red color. For light amber & medium amber beer

3oz Crystal 60L Gives a sweet, medium caramel flavor and a deep golden to red color. For light beer, no alcohol and low alcohol beer, amber beer, bock beer, dark beer, porter and stout.

1/2# Cara-pils The endosperm is almost completely glassy and will visually appear to be darker than standard Brewers Malt. May be used to upgrade all types of light colored beers in balancing body and flavor of dark colored beers.

3/4# Cara Vienne A light crystal malt used by Belgian breweries in lighter Abbey or Trappist style ales, but it is appropriate for any recipe that calls for crystal malt. Not synonymous with Vienna malt.

1/2# Flaked Wheat wheat can be used in wheat beers for up to 80% of the grist or to improve body and head retention when used at levels up to 10%. Well modified and low in protein.

-------------------------------------------------------------

1oz Williamette Aroma hop. A popular American derivative of Fuggles. Pale ales, Porters, and Stouts//Pale ales, Porters, and Stouts

1oz Cascade Aroma and bittering hop with pleasant citrus flavors. Used as a bittering hop in many recipes. Ales and Lagers

Saf US-05

I think I'd take the 10# of PA and combine with the 40L (maybe 20L and 60L) and the Cara-Pils for the grain, Hop with Cascade at 60 and 45 and the Williamette over 20, 10, 5, and 0.

i say throw it all in the pot and see what comes out.... j.k

i dont' have beersmith at work but could you do something like this for a nice summery ale;

8-10# Rahr pale
1/2# Crys 20L
1/2# Cara-pils

.5 oz Cascade for 60min
.5 oz cascade for 10min

maybe add the 3oz of 60L and the flaked wheat for kicks.

just a thought, i am in no way an expert so someone that has more experience may have a better idea. i just like playing with recipes :)

i just like playing with recipes :)

me too.. I figured a few would get a kick out of tinkering with it.. so i threw it out there.. I like both the ideas..

strangely enough.. his hop schedule is almost exactly what I had decided on.. but I was going to do 40 minutes for the cascade and start chucking 2 or 3 williamette pellets in ever 3 minutes from 30 minutes on in.. just to see what happened :)

strangely enough.. his hop schedule is almost exactly what I had decided on.. but I was going to do 40 minutes for the cascade and start chucking 2 or 3 williamette pellets in ever 3 minutes from 30 minutes on in.. just to see what happened :)

That'd be just dandy too :mug:

10# Rahr Pale Ale Malt
1/2# Crystal 20L
1/4# Cara Vienne
1/1# Flaked Wheat
1/2# Local Honey

1/2oz Williamette (60 min)
1/2oz Cascasde (30 min)
1/2oz Williamette (15 min)
1/4oz Cascade (10 min)
1/4oz Cascade (5 min)
2oz orange zest (5 min)