Got my groove back....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After making a recent Belgian Wit...more like a Belgian Vinegar, I've been feeling a little down on my brewing. I went back to uber basics. I went above and beyond being anal about sanitation, pitching and fermentation temps and I have two absolute gems going now. I have a robust porter which is pretty much Ed Wort's which is one of the best beers I've ever made, and I have a Hefeweizen ready to bottle which tastes drinkable about of the fermenter.

It only took me 3 years into brewing to learn I can take apart things like auto-syphons and bottle fillers to sanitize them. I would often rack at bottling and leave the fermenter in the basement without emptying it or cleaning it.

But seriously... I had a couple of those moments recently too.

However, mine were just major brainfarts. I was really tired and brewing three beers at the same time. Unfortunately I put 1 Tbs per gallon of 5.2 stabilizer in one of the mashes (Instead of 1 Tbsp per 5 gallons). That beer came out tasting like salt water.

Back