What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new stir plate, and some new 2L and 3L flasks for starters..

Pretty much exactly what I needed!

Oh and a new freezer for fermenting, and a small fridge to cold crash in..

Well, Santa forgot to not ship things to my house with the invoices on the outsides of the packages, so I know I'm getting this:

hopschart_img0.jpg

I am anxiously awaiting opening presents now though, 'cause I'm sure there's more. :D :ban:

Santa brought me a six-pack of Spaten and Hacker-Pschorr 1-liter mugs (ein maß). To beat that, he also dropped off a Frigidaire 4.4 cu.-ft. mini fridge (read: future lager-enabler)!!! Woohoo!! :D

Might be really bold and go get myself a wort chiller too...

Merry Christmas everyone!! :cheers:

Vigo_Carpathian said:
Got this from Santa! What do I do now? I've been staring at it trying to decide whether I should drink it or not. Tough decision.

You don't really want to drink it. Trust me. Send it over here to the east coast and I'll take care of it for ya. :p

This was waiting for me on the porch this morning! My father-in-law welded this beauty together for me. Can't wait for my New Years brew ay now!

2012-12-25 09.07.53.jpg

An energy efficient scratch and dent fridge to convert into a kegerator, with of course the understanding that I will need to spend more for the actual set up. Also my 8 month old got me a refractometer...pretty much the best Christmas ever.

Vigo_Carpathian said:
Ha nice. I wonder if I open to take a sample, if the rest will go bad.

I don't think it'll go bad. Higher abv should keep anything harmful away. Really jealous here! Ive been trying to find a bottle for a while now! Congrats!

Santa brought me lots of hunting goodies! Kelly kettle, auto-focus binoculars, a set of hunting knives, snow camo fur hat, and a new mastercraft drill!

Brewing related I got:
IPA by Mitch Steele (Can't wait to read this!)
1# Simcoe
8oz Amarillo
8oz Mosaic
11oz Citra

Apparently my wife listens when I ramble on at length about hops and such. When I said Simcoe, Amarillo, and Citra are going to be hard to get this year she apparently thought to herself, "Challenge accepted!"

Non-brewing related I got a couple nice cigars (My Uzi Weighs a Ton 7x60 and Illusione mk) and an electric smoker that has a date with a couple racks of ribs later this week.

2 ball lock keg setup from keg connections with a CO2 tank. She wasn't thrilled with my bottle storage so she got me kegs!

A floor corker, two one liter German mugs, a five gallon glass carboy for sours and a refractometer.

AHA Membership! Some cash too, which will probably go towards brewing supplies.

SWMBO got me a mad elf gift box: A bomber of mad elf and a nice mad elf glass. It's great because I was to late to pick up a case of it this year.

This year Santa obviously listened to my pleas because I got just what I have been dropping hints about since October.

Large sack of Maris Otter, smaller bag of black patent malt, new 35L kettle, East Kent Goldings and Atlas hops, assorted yeasts and lots of gift vouchers for the Home Brew Store.

My 7 year old was all excited with her Furby but I think I was more giddy with a big sack of barley.

Happy Christmas all!

Mark's keg and carboy washer, designing great beers by Ray Daniels, The Craft Of Stone Brewing Company.

Oh man, you guys must have been really good this year!
I got my ribs all rubbed down and slow cooking right now... brother-in-law and nephews are coming over to help eat ribs and hot wings while drinking the last of my Mac & Jacks clone.
Mmmm... beer

A thirty quart stainless steel kettle, a copper immersion wort cooler, and a partial mash kit for a honey brown ale from my sis :)

Stocking had Starsan, PBW, Keg-line Cleaner and a bottle of 2012 The Abyss. No brewing presents though, but did a good job on the stocking.

Santa must have turned his head a few times this year 'cuz he brought me a bottle of Speedway Stout in my stocking (or should I say 'she'). Also a gift card for BevMo.

Enjoying the Speedway as type . . . hold on . . . sip . . . . having my brewing partner over for Christmas dinner where we'll enjoy our last bottle of Turkeyfest (we brewed for Thanksgiving) and some of our latest brews - a light honey brown and a hoppy red.

Merry Christmas everybody!

15 gal ss pot, ss mash paddle, home made pretzel maker, 2 sets beer glasses, so Im sitting here having stout in a real stout glass and eating a home made pretzel, Im in heaven thanks to my beautiful wife.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to Everyone !

Pretty sure I had the best Christmas ever... AND the best SWMBO. I got a dual tap tower kit, keggle sight glass with thermometer, weldless valve kit with three piece valve, 5g corny keg, 5lb. CO2 cylinder, carboy hauler, carboy stand, hydrometer, carboy brush, and a Northern Brewer White House Honey Porter extract kit.

Got a dry rubbed 18lb ham in the oven,waitin for the brown sugar to melt a bit. Surprise gift from a member here made my day! :tank:

Back