Draft Cabinet nearly finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Well, my draft box is ALMOST finished. At least it is pouring beer! It needs to be oiled and sealed and all those finishing touches, but I am pouring beer!

Instead of a drip tray, I made a drip box that you can see in the picture. I think it will work great!

CIMG10072.jpg

Oh man is that nice.....

Does the drip tray just slide over to the one you are pouring, or is there something else magical to that?

That thing looks so cool it ain't even funny!

The tray is just moved around, like a big coaster with a drip tray attached. I just dump it in the sink, rinse it out and off we go!

Brewpastor said:
I do load it from the top, but I built a new top that is hinged right in front of the draft unit. It works great.

Ok. I see it now - nice work!

What did you use for the black on the freezer? I may end up doing a lesser version of that when I finish my basement bar

rdwj said:
Ok. I see it now - nice work!

What did you use for the black on the freezer? I may end up doing a lesser version of that when I finish my basement bar

The freezer is painted with Krylon textured spray paint, flat black. It worked out really well and was super easy.

The Cylinder on the top is my St. Hipo candle, patron saint of beer, which my sister bought me.

The fronts of the beer engines are part of the set up and allow for some adjustment of how the handle sets on top. I thought of reworking them, but settled on the original.

Where did you get the beer engines? I've been looking for one but they are hard to find here in the states. I see a lot of used ones for sale in the UK but shipping costs to Seattle make it cost prohibitive.

Back