Best way to not crap up my therminator on the first try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phideaoux44

Reaction score
So what's the best course of action for making sure I don't clog my as yet unused Therminator? I have never used a CFC like it, and am only recently getting back into AG after a several year hiatus. I intend to use Hop Bags and whatnot to prevent the hops from clogging it, and I would imagine that the hot and cold break should (being slightly finer in consistency) pass a little easier. Does using a stainless braid on a modd'ed pickup tube sound reasonable, unnecessary or insufficient. I have a bunch of people coming for the first brew on my newly finished tower and I would just hate to fall on my sword on the first time I use it.

Thanks in advance.

So what's the best course of action for making sure I don't clog my as yet unused Therminator? I have never used a CFC like it, and am only recently getting back into AG after a several year hiatus. I intend to use Hop Bags and whatnot to prevent the hops from clogging it, and I would imagine that the hot and cold break should (being slightly finer in consistency) pass a little easier. Does using a stainless braid on a modd'ed pickup tube sound reasonable, unnecessary or insufficient. I have a bunch of people coming for the first brew on my newly finished tower and I would just hate to fall on my sword on the first time I use it.

Thanks in advance.

I use a paint strainer bag to put the hops in and the only time I have even clogged my CFC is with an OG of 1.150. Put the hops in a bag and you should be fine.

You can also put your MLT output hose in a mesh bag and then drain to the BK. You'd be surprised how much husk makes it through even though you vorlauf.......

Back