Going from carbed keg to bottle - any problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmacro

Reaction score
I was just invited to a Thanksgiving day dinner, and wanted to bring some homebrew along. Problem is, I only have two beers and they're both fermenting but only have 2 weeks in the fermenter (NB Pumpkin Smash and Black IPA), so time is short and I'm wondering if I can rush the beer a bit so I can make the deadline. Wondering if this plan would work:

- Force carb beer for a day or two (PSI at 30, no rocking/rolling)
- Transfer beer to bottles and cap
- Chill for a day or two, then drink

Optimum carbonation isn't my concern, I just want something nice to present as a gift, and the beer is likely to be drunk within a day or two of bottling. Obviously I want to make a good impression, and I'm wondering if the beer would be any good, or if I'm better off just waiting and present them at Christmas, when they'll definitely be properly aged and carbed.

Thanksgiving is 1.5 months away? I'd think a black IPA should be ok. I don't know about the pumpkin smash, but almost 2 months total seems like enough for an ale, no?

Gah, I'm an idiot; I was looking at the calendar and didn't realize it was October 11, not Nov 11.

My bad, thanks for pointing out my brain fart :p

Latest posts

Back