Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear I get stupider just reading Hoppy's poasts. It's like the intertoobs version of a brain virus.

Gonna have to check out that filter thingy if this keeps up...

Cheers! :drunk:

Guys, guys... The Hawk fans are all giddy cuz they actually made the playoffs for the first time, about, forever and they feel like they have a "star rb" because he broke through 1,500 yards for once in his long career... And they have a rookie qb who probably already better than any qb they have ever had so... Ya know what? Let em try to walk around in their big boy pants for a bit. If nothing else it's adorable to watch... Like a toddler walking around in daddy's shoes. "Look at me daddy!! I'm a big boy!! Marshawn Lynch is a star!!!"

Awwwwwwwww

I'm not a seahawks fan, I just see the future potential in that team. Injuries aside they don't have a real weakness. Great D very good O, and great special teams. Pats are better offensively and about equal on Special teams but their D severely lacks. Niners and Broncos are also teams I'd bet are more likely to win than the Pats and if I had to pick a QB driven team with tons of other flaws I'd pick the Packers.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
I'm not a seahawks fan, I just see the future potential in that team. Injuries aside they don't have a real weakness. Great D very good O, and great special teams. Pats are better offensively and about equal on Special teams but their D severely lacks. Niners and Broncos are also teams I'd bet are more likely to win than the Pats and if I had to pick a QB driven team with tons of other flaws I'd pick the Packers.

Packers are the epitome of a Qb carrying the team.

Guys, guys... The Hawk fans are all giddy cuz they actually made the playoffs for the first time, about, forever and they feel like they have a "star rb" because he broke through 1,500 yards for once in his long career... And they have a rookie qb who probably already better than any qb they have ever had so... Ya know what? Let em try to walk around in their big boy pants for a bit. If nothing else it's adorable to watch... Like a toddler walking around in daddy's shoes. "Look at me daddy!! I'm a big boy!! Marshawn Lynch is a star!!!"

Awwwwwwwww

You talk like your team has done something recently...which makes you look dumb.

I also like how you conveniently cut it at 15 games... Leaving out the Super Bowl win and SB MVP.

I wouldn't brag too much that Super Bowl performance:

16 for 27 for 145 yards and 1 TD. Ho hum.

Not exactly "Super Star" numbers.

And Brady needed the Tuck Rule and Vinaterie should have been the MVP of that game.

This thread is much more fun when Cape can trash talk about his loser team without having to back it up for another 7 months.

Packers in 2014. Lock it up.

I wouldn't brag too much that Super Bowl performance:

16 for 27 for 145 yards and 1 TD. Ho hum.

Not exactly "Super Star" numbers.

And Brady needed the Tuck Rule and Vinaterie should have been the MVP of that game.

You mean the performance that got him the Super Bowl MVP? Yeah, whatta crappy game he played.

Did you watch a single Seahawks game this year? Seattle destroyed teams this year. The Atlanta/Seattle game a few weeks ago sold me on Russell Wilson going forward. This guy is going to win a ton of games for Seattle for years to come.

Wilson played in 16 games this year compiling these stats:

CMP: 252
ATT: 393
CMP%: 64.1%
YDS: 3,118
TD: 26
INT: 10

Brady's first full year (15 games in 2001) looked like this:

CMP: 264
ATT: 413
CMP%: 63.9%
YDS: 2,843
TD: 18
INT: 12

you have to normalize these stats to Games Played otherwise they're statistically meaningless.

I'm looking specifically at CMP%

wow, really? You're going to find value in 0.2% / 64% when you're missing 1/16 of the underlying data?

You must work for the Treasury...

political banter!

You mean the performance that got him the Super Bowl MVP? Yeah, whatta crappy game he played.

16 for 27 for 145 yards and 1 TD.

Not exactly "greatness". Hell, Trent Dilfer put up 12 for 25 for 153 yards and 1 TD two years earlier.

Russell Wilson's first season numbers are vastly superior to Brady's at this point. Is Russell Wilson going to continue to get better and reach that same level that Brady has? I don't know, but I think he has a much better shot at it than Andrew Luck or RGIII at this point. It is not Russell Wilson's fault that he doesn't play cornerback or safety and could keep Atlanta for coming back in the final seconds to win that game.

I'm looking specifically at CMP%

If you're going to quote someone, do it right.

His first year numbers are certainly superior to Brady's - I'm looking specifically at CMP%, TDs and INT's.

When I look at quarterback statistics that numbers that have the greatest value to me are CMP%, TDs, and INTs. In that respect Wilson's rookie numbers are better than Brady's. What's so hard to understand about that? Cutting and pasting too difficult for you Moto?

positive proof that Brady's accolades are more because of the media's crush on him than his actual play

Proof positive that Super MVPs are totally worthless and almost always goes to the winning QB. Since 1990, only 10 have not been QBs, though I do find it amusing that Rapelisberger continues to get shafted since 2 of his receivers won it.

Proof positive that Superbowl MVPs don't matter you have 2007 Peyton Manning and 2008 Eli Manning, both of those games were team wins, the QB did very little in the win. Giants should have been given to the whole DL, and the Colts shuold have gone to Rhodes. Peyton blew that game.

Darwin18 said:
It is not Russell Wilson's fault that he doesn't play cornerback or safety and could keep Atlanta for coming back in the final seconds to win that game.

so what you are saying is you can't blame a quarterback for leading a game winning drive only to have the other quarterback drive down to score on a crazy Velcro helmet catch or acrobatic sideline grab?

Nuff said!

You think that in all of those games the QB was the best player on the field?

No, but MVP = most VALUABLE player. A quarterback is obviously going to be more valuable to a team than a linebacker, most of the time. It's just the nature of the position.

But either way, there are still a ton of instances that disagree with your "proof positive". When nearly half of your examples are actually *exceptions*, you might want to rethink your argument.

No, but MVP = most VALUABLE player. A quarterback is obviously going to be more valuable to a team than a linebacker, most of the time. It's just the nature of the position.

But either way, there are still a ton of instances that disagree with your "proof positive". When nearly half of your examples are actually *exceptions*, you might want to rethink your argument.

Proof positive was an artistic license on my part taking the wording of the previous poster. I'd think it would have been more obvious but I guess in a thread about trash talk I shouldn't have assumed it would have been.

More often than not the team who wins, their QB wins the SB MVP. There have been some notable exceptions. Obviously teams with very bad QBs winning like the Bucs and Ravens, and occasionally the downright weird, like Desmond Howard winning the MVP. Sometimes you have a team who wins too much and they start giving the award to other guys, examples of that would be like the Cowboys or Pats. Overall 26 QBs have won the MVP, so 54.2% of the time the QB of the winning team has won the MVP with the immediate (aka last 10 years) that trend becoming more extreme.

So yes, short of the QB being terrible, or another offensive or defensive player taking over a game, the award usually goes to the QB on the winning team.

I still dont understand how Jacoby Jones didnt win the MVP all his scores were effort on his part.

I still dont understand how Jacoby Jones didnt win the MVP all his scores were effort on his part.

I would have done a joint Jones and Boldin. You're 100% right about Jones taking it on his own. Also I recall at least 3 amazing catches by Boldin that for sure improved the Ravens chances of winning.

I dunno... I think you have to give Williams and Ed Reed at least a nod.... Williams two-hand shoves a ref about five yards without even a flag, nevermind the instant ejection it should have been and Ed Reed's beautiful TD stopping, blatant, hold late in the forth... Both miraculous plays.

I dunno how those guys arent at least mentioned in MVP discussions.

Cape, you forgot the three punches Williams threw immediately before he jumped up and shoved that ref - that's two automatic ejections he dodged in the space of about 5 seconds right there. Absolute MVP material right there.

I mean, it's only natural that New England fans know more about football than fans of other teams. We're usually watching our team for eighteen or nineteen games a year; fans in Seattle usually get to check out after sixteen.

Back