anyone brew on premise ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Recently, I have been dreaming how wonderful it would be to have a totally uninterrupted brewday. I do not believe that has ever happened. I have thought of building a brewshack, maybe not as nice as Ed Wort's, but completely functional.

Other option is Brew on Premise ...

Does anyone have good tales to tell about their experiences with Brew on Premise ?

I know it is extra $$ to use their equipment etc. ..

Where do you live? Can you brew outside?

I think that most people here would agree that BOP is great for those who want to try, or live in an apartment and don't have the room for a full setup. I'm guessing that plenty of the latter manage to figure out how to brew in a small place.

We did it almost 15 years ago at a joint called "America U Brew", and had a pretty good time. They had helpful staff, all the ingredients, and a computer set up special for label design. We went back a few weeks later and bottled. That chain is long gone from this area, but I can tell you we really enjoyed the experience.

I can brew outdoors - no plm. What I cannot prevent is the interruptions..but I am working on that ... :)

I can brew outdoors - no plm. What I cannot prevent is the interruptions..but I am working on that ... :)

I took a vacation day from work last Friday and brewed a Dunkelweizen. Was it unnecessary? Yes! But was it the most relaxing, uninterrupted, worry free day I had in a while? You're damn right it was!

Yes - mental health day ...

It is nice to have everything just click (I am preaching to the choir, of course)

I used to frequent a place called Vintner's Cellar in North Dakota that was a wine making store. They did vint? on premise and was always a good time. I hear they have since closed the location I used to go to, but it is a franchise store, so check around, there may be one in your neck of the woods. Arkansas has some archaic liquor laws or I would consider opening one down here.

Terje

Back