• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50l Keg spear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
I have a 50 liter keg that I was using for a fermenter and now with me doing larger batches, would like to use it as it's intended purpose! If anyone has one, let me know.

Hey guys. Probably a silly question but what are spears used for? I just removed 3 from kegs I am converting. I was told to save them but I didn't ask why...

cwittneben said:
Hey guys. Probably a silly question but what are spears used for? I just removed 3 from kegs I am converting. I was told to save them but I didn't ask why...

For exactly what the op needs them for! Plus it's a stainless tube with a one way pressure valve so you could hack it into a whole bunch of things....

Hey man, I have 3 if you want. Shoot me a message. I live in jersey. Not to try and steal your sale man. Just trying to save him in shipping

cwittneben said:
Hmmm. Now I just feel like an idiot. Still have no idea what they're for...

I've heard of ppl using them as a housng for a sight glass (attached to the keg). Also heard of them used as a handle for a mash paddle.. I'm thinking of doing both.. I've seen examples of both on this site

cwittneben said:
Hmmm. Now I just feel like an idiot. Still have no idea what they're for...

Don't feel like an idiot, they are the same thing as the liquid out tube in a corny, they go down to the bottom of the keg and provide you with beer until the kegs dry. The cool thing about the sanke setup is it has both the gas and liquid setup so that it lets co2 in at the top and pushes the beer up the tube from the bottom.... Does that make sense?

Sry kind of a bad picture. But here is mine protecting a sight glass for example

IMAG0717.jpg

Back