OktoberFest Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GABrewboy

Reaction score
I don't have the capability to lager at this point in time. Can anyone give me some good locations to find a good Oktoberfest brew that is either a steam ale or just an ale but will still have that Oktoberfest taste without the crisp clean taste a lager would have? Any help would be great!!

Oh yeah, this would be an AG recipe I am looking for.

3.5# Munich Malt Light
5# Pilsener
2# Munich Malt 20L
.5# Crystal Med 60L

OG: 1.059 @ 75% efficiency

1.5oz Hallertau for 50min boil

Yeast: Wyeast 1007 German Ale

Or you could look at my O'fest recipe in my signature and fool around with that to convert to all-grain. I'm about to do a third rack of mine to age just a bit longer then probably bottle in two weeks.

FWIW, I don't think you really need an "Oktoberfest Ale" recipe, do you? Just find the Oktoberfest recipe that looks best to you (or design your own) and then ferment it with whatever yeast you think is best for your situation and preferences.

Look at the link to the recipe in my signature......it's a partial mash, so you could just up the vienna/munich/two row to the point it replaces 4 lbs. of DME. It's bottle carbing/conditioning now, but the taste at bottling was the best beer I've made to date.

Latest posts

Back