Noob from Hagerstown, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-love

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for about 2 months now and thought I ought to at least introduce myself. There seems to be a ton of info here and I am absorbing as much as possible. Brewing is something that I've wanted to do for a long time, but I've just never gotten around to it.

I am a big fan of beer and have been since I spent some time in Germany while I was in college. Before Germany, beer was just a way to get drunk, but after it was something to be savored (and still a way to get drunk!).

Anyway, I haven't pulled the trigger and bought any equipment, but I am going to within the next week or so. Not sure what yet. I bought a small freezer on craigslist last night for $65 bucks that I am going to turn into a keezer because I am going to want to keg and bottle. I have bayou classic burner that we use for shrimp and crawfish boils, so that is covered. I'll have plenty of outdoor space at our new house, which we'll be moving to in two weeks. I need a nice pot.... I think I'll go SS. I also intend on getting myself a ferm cabinet of some sort.

Well, I think I'm rambling! I am just so damn excited.... I bought "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" & "The Homebrewers Companion" tonight and I've been reading "How to Brew" online.... So, hopefully I'll learn something. There is so much....

Okay. Thanks for having me and I'll be full of questions and comments here soon!

Thanks guys. I will check out the flying barrel. I went to the cracked cork in hagerstown and the people were really nice, but it seems more focused on wine.

Back