White Castle FRIES only come in one SIZE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you happen to find a White Castle in the B-lo area? My drunken midnight food cravings might just have taken a turn for the worse if you did. Hard to beat a half dozen belly bombers on top of a half dozen brews. Although Jim's, Mighty and Zorbas surly give it a run for it's money.

There isn't a white castle within 1000 miles of here. On the plus side, there are several In-n-Outs close to my house, so on balance I feel like I'm doing ok for fast food burgers.

Haha right on, never been to a White Castle. It's a little hard to find a good video of this but basically he was having flashbacks to a family trip out to the west coast in the mid/late 1980's and listening to this song over and over ... dammit why are those little moments as a kid that you enjoy but never realize how you will look back on them later in life with such absolute fondness, no matter how much you might wish you could repeat it, you cannot. And from time to time you find yourself lying in bed at night just digging, trying to remember some other element of the event you haven't thought of in years. Ah that's why it is the drunk ramblings forum I suppose ...

mm that one is extremely short and commercial in nature, this one is better but the sound is extremely overmodulated ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this one is pretty nicely done and filmed ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fries. What a rip. Yeah okay. there are some good fries out there. But a lot of times it's jsut greasy hot potatoes. Oh look home many fries you get! oh, lookk how much filler I got to distract from the burger which is mediocre like the fries. WAKE UP AMERICA!

My friend ordered w chicken sandwich at White Castle. He got one with a top piece of bun. The bottom piece of bun was a fish patty. :confused:

Well I think the implication is that White Castle menu items aren't necessarily the best, such as their FRIES coming in but one SIZE.

White Castle is one of the oddest places to eat in the world. While you are eating you tell yourself that this is bad food. Bad for you, overcooked, generally nasty... and yet it sets off some pleasure center in the brain that makes you eat more and more of it, until you are mishapen and feeling ill enough to die. I'm a fan.

The first time I had White Castle was the last time I had White Castle. It was in the Bronx after working at a site all day. I just barely made it home in time to avoid ruining my cars interior. That led to clenching the bathroom vanity with one hand and the shower curtain with the other, and praying for it to end quickly. An excruciating 15 - 20 minutes. Never again. Never forget.

Krystal gut bombs (southern version of WC) are downright painful, but walking into one after 1100 is good entertainment. Bunch of drunks and pot heads trying to shove little squares of grease in their gobs before passing out. Waffle house is also a good source of entertainment.

Back