Perlick 425ss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerismyname

Reaction score
I'm new here and I apologize if this subject has already been viewed here. Is there any way at all to get a Perlick 425ss faucet? I've got two that I love and a 525 that just sucks. I can't believe that they left that design behind for the new improved POS that they make now. the local brewery that I frequent used to have all Perlick 425's and then improved to 525's and now have gone to plain old faucets because of the 525's leakage. I only have to deal with one, much less 20 or so. I feel their pain. Why is Perlick so stupid?

I'm new here and I apologize if this subject has already been viewed here. Is there any way at all to get a Perlick 425ss faucet? I've got two that I love and a 525 that just sucks. I can't believe that they left that design behind for the new improved POS that they make now. the local brewery that I frequent used to have all Perlick 425's and then improved to 525's and now have gone to plain old faucets because of the 525's leakage. I only have to deal with one, much less 20 or so. I feel their pain. Why is Perlick so stupid?

They are stupid because they outright stole the design off of someone else, got sued and had to change their product. You can't get them new, unless someone has new old stock. You can find them used from time to time.

Not sure of the details but I think Ventmatic had the patent. Ventmatic was not available for quite awhile but are available now at chicompany.net. I think they had an issue with leakage on the first run of the re-release and have upgraded the front seal; calling it Ventmatic 1.1.

I have 525s that had some leaking issues. Backing off the nut below the handle solved the problem. That said my buddy has eight of the original ventmatics and is looking for more so thanks for the link. I do also prefer the kook of these over the 525s.

I spoke to Matthew at CHI today and asked if he had many of these in stock. He mentioned that he received 100 yesterday and expects 500 today. He also said the interchangeable spouts should be available in November. Got to take a look at one - to my weak eyes the finish inside the spout and the splines looked pretty nice.

I have 525s that had some leaking issues. Backing off the nut below the handle solved the problem. That said my buddy has eight of the original ventmatics and is looking for more so thanks for the link. I do also prefer the kook of these over the 525s.

Yeah, that worked for awhile, but not for the long run. Now I just can't make them work at all.:(

NICE!! I didn't know the old Ventmatics had been resurrected -- I own two 425SS and was feeling really lousy about having a single, mis-matched 525 on my fridge.

Now, I can get a Ventmatic to complete the fridge door - and a second 525 to put on a jockey box, where they'll seem really nice to use, oh, 3 times a year!!

Back