Indian Coriander

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After reading so much that Indian coriander has a different flavor that regular coriander I went on a search for some. I found it online for not too good prices or it wouldn't tell you the country of origin. I found out there were a couple Indian grocery stores in the area. I found 14oz and 7 oz bags. The 14 oz bag was $2.30 and the 7oz bag was $1.29.

I just feel like I had to share that looking for a local Indian grocery store to get your coriander is worth it. Compared to supermarket prices what I paid is a steal.

Agreed Indian palm sugar (gur/jagery) is another interesting/cheap thing to buy there. In general spice stores are another good place to look for interesting herbs and spices as well, I try to avoid buying anything at homebrew stores besides beer specific items like hops/malt/yeast etc...

That is what I used in a Belgian wheat I made last year. Much cheaper, and I think it is a bit stronger in flavor. They also have jaggery there which is an interesting sugar.

Back