Hello from Portland, OR, USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillCarson

Reaction score
My name is Will Volpert and I live in Portland, OR. I work for whitewater rafting company called Idaho and Oregon River Journeys. We are testing out a new theme trip on the Rogue River this year called the "Pub & Grub" where we feature a local Oregon brewery on the trip and taste their beers. This year we are going with Full Sail Brewing of Hood River, OR. Should be a great trip! To learn more about this trip, check out: Full Sail Brewery on the Rogue River.

Hope to see some of you on the river!

We don't run any trips this time of year, just planning them and signing folks up. It's the down time but always nice to look ahead! Most of our guides do a fair amount of rafting or kayaking during the winter, it's just difficult to find clients for the colder months.

Will

I live south of you in Eagle Point about 12 miles outtta Medford.
Welcome to the forum and nice to see other oregonians here!:mug:

cheers
Mongo

Mongo,

I lived in Ashland for four years while going to school at Southern Oregon University. What a great area! I really miss it there, but if you are going to live in a city, Portland is hard to beat. One of the things I miss most about Ashland is having Caldera Brewing so close! They are pretty connected to the rafting community and make great river beers because they can, not bottle, their IPA and Pale Ale.

Smoker Oars (based in Talent), is a manufacturer of wood oars and paddles. They take their scrap pieces and make the taps for Caldera. Last year, Caldera brewed a special "Smoker Stout" in recognition of Smoker.

Here's the link to our blog post for our Pub & Grub trip with Full Sail:
Rogue River Rafting Vacations: Full Sail Brewing Pub & Grub on the Rogue River

Have fun with the blog, feel free to leave comments!

Thanks for the warm welcomes...

Will Volpert
Idaho and Oregon River Journeys
:mug:

Latest posts

Back