Oxyclean free amount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geim32

Reaction score
How much Oxyclean to how much water to clean my carboys an buckets. Also how long should they sit in it. Thanks.

I use about 1/3 scoop and let it soak overnight to a day or two depending on when I get time to finish the cleaning. I have heard that too long in plastic has caused some to go brittle. That has not been my experience.

Ive never measured but I now believe I've been using way too much. Never had a problem though.

I think I use about 1/4 of a scoop. Too much leaves a chalky film you have to clean out.

Me too. I use about that much for 4-5 gallons.

The stuff works pretty good. Sometimes I wonder if even a 1/4 scoop is too much as the stuff leaves a slick film to it. From what little I've used of it, it seems the hotter the water, the easier it is to rinse.

Me too. I use about that much for 4-5 gallons.

The stuff works pretty good. Sometimes I wonder if even a 1/4 scoop is too much as the stuff leaves a slick film to it. From what little I've used of it, it seems the hotter the water, the easier it is to rinse.

I think AI have been using too much too as I get that slickness that is difficults to get off without an insane amount of rinsing, and after the responses above I think the 1/2 scoop I use is way way waaaaay overboard.

Latest posts

Back