Skeeter Pee Nutrient

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flex_318

Reaction score
I am just getting ready to start my batch of skeeter pee but I am getting very confused as to what yeast nutrient and energizer exactly is.

My understanding is that Yeast Nutrient is just pure DAP and that yeast energizer is DAP, yeast hulls, magnesium sulphate, and vitamin B complex.

The yeast nutrient that i have is pure DAP but it says not to exceed 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons and the skeeter pee recipe says 3 tsp of nutrient for 5 gallons. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thank you.

do what the recipe says you will for sure need yeast nutrient and plenty of it, the reason you need to use more then the recommended dose is because lemon juice has preservatives in it and the yeast need plenty of food to get going, the lemon juice makes the environment hostile and you have to counter act that with the nutrient. The companies who bottle nutrient are assuming you are using it on preservative free fruit.

Back