Erlenmeyer Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clean by soaking with hot oxyclean. Rinse with hot water. Then put wort in them and boil it on the stove top. But if your not boiling wort then I guess star san would work. Or you could just boil a small amount of water and dump it out.

I do the same I'd do for glassware in the lab: put a piece of foil over the top and bake it in the oven at 180°C for more than an hour.

After the last use I scrub the gunk off with baby bottle brush, don't tell my wife, it is the only brush that reaches the right places as my son is 11 1/2months old so it has not hurt him yet!

Then dishwasher to really make them clean. For the 2L bottle I then use I starsan soak before adding canned wort and yeast. For my 1000ml flask it fits in the pressure cooker so I cook it with the foil on top and wort in it. As it is totally sterile I leave in on the counter over night before pitching the yeast stepped up in a baby food jar.

Clem

Latest posts

Back