What NOT to do...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfowlks

Reaction score
So I was trying to diagnose some foaming that I kept getting, Trying to figure out if the beer was to warm or too cold. So I filled a growler with water and put my thermometer in it, so that I could get the liquid temperature.

This is what happened:
20120614_185844-2-55247.jpg

20120614_200500-55248.jpg

20120614_201511-55249.jpg

The glass was not fun to deal with, and I am still trying to deal with the shards mixed in with the ice frozen to the bottom of the keezer... Time to get a bigger fan to move the air around.

------------------------------------------------------

I figured this would be a good thread of pictures or topics that could be comic relief or lessons to those less experienced, and to hopefully save some people some money.

Had the same challenge when I put a collar on the keezer. I had the temp sensor very high on the collar so I would have cold beer at the taps (in my mind). The temp at the bottom of the keezer was so low it froze the beer at the kegs out tube. You live and learn and play with the temp probe placement/temp controller temp.

I have my them controller at the top of the collar and temp set at 37. Three weeks into it I have frosty cold good foam first pull every time.

I actually had a fan inside, but it was not circulating enough air so I am getting a desk fan and putting it inside

Latest posts

Back