When to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethhutchings

Reaction score
The bubbles have stopped on the lager im brewing and im a bit clueless as this is only my second brew and the other was a while ago. Although its stopped bubbling it is still very dark on top should this have cleared a bit or will the bottling do this. I probably shouldnt but i tasted a tiny swig and it was very flavorless is this normal befor secondary. Thanks folks

Congrats on the first brew! Well, it shouldn't be flavorless- it should taste like flat beer. What was your recipe and your technique? That would help us give you some good advice.

Do you have a hydrometer? That is the best way to tell when fermentation is finished, and when you can rack or bottle.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

My Long Hammerish IPA tasted incredibly bland when I racked to secondary. I'd say it tasted like flat, flavorless beer :p I'm hoping the dry hopping will breath some life back into it.

Back