What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20121124_081822.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_081822.jpg

DFH 120. Great year. Gonna age some for a few years.

image-3005625230.jpg

Full Sail Top Sail Imperial Porter. It tastes like a lot if bourbon with a little bit of porter.
It says it is aged 12 months in Kentucky bourbon casks. Tastes like they poured a shot in.

I'm not saying all Russian beer is awful, but this one is. I guess that's what you get for $1.79.

EDIT: After few more minutes of this, it tastes like they added vodka to unfermented wort.

20121124_142119.jpg

Been drinking the svedka lately. I'll end the night with some of my choc stouts. Not in the greatest of moods, you know when everything hits you at once, and then your car needs work... Ya. And I need a passport, and plane tix for bros weddings,.and all the money up front for his Bach party... Craziness. I do have a lot of money I should be getting from my ex who took everything once we split. It's been a crazy year, lol

Cheers!

A good friend of mine just returned from a month long trip to Germany. He brought back some beers and this is the 2nd one I opened up. First one was a good beer but BEER #2 was WOW!! First time I have had a Dunkel.

BeerAdvocate says it is here stateside but not down here in the Deep South. The beer came in a nice swing top .5L and it poured an cloudy chocolate brown with a nice creamy head. Good lacing that lasted entire beer (must say tho I did not savor first one - it was to good.) Nice rich beer that SWMBO is now asking me to brew this. Anyone got a good Keiler Weissbeir clone receipe or where this can be bought here in the South? Keiler Weissbeir. Thanks again to my friend, Matt for bringing this one back!!!

keiler weissbier dunkel.jpg

Red brick brewing Company.17th anniversary ale. Whiskey barrel aged brown ale with a sweet aroma and smooth whiskey/ale aftertaste. I would highly recommend it!

image-3949872752.jpg

The most I have ever paid for a 12 oz beer. Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. Damn good though.
Hot alcohol, chocolate, rye.

leftcontact said:
Maduro brown. It's good, though not as heavy as I was expecting.

Excellent beer. My favorite brown. More people need to experience Cigar City.

Schlafly Winter Esb. More malty,oktoberfesty almost,even more hoppy than typical,and less bitter than I was expecting. Good beer. ESB-6.8%-huh?

Went down to the local pub to watch the Civil War.

Got into the Oakshire: a pint of an apparently-nameless chocolate porter they've got out now, followed by a a bomber of their Black Jack Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter. I kid you not, and it was good.

Then the Beavers lost, so I came home to commiserate with a Jubelale over the Stanford-UCLA game.

What with Notre Dame-USC coming up soon, I expect to be back into the growler of The Abyss before the end of the night...

Back