Charleston SC beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjl110

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm visiting my parents in Charleston and was wondering the best place to buy craft beer. They weren't allowed to sell high grav when I lived here, so I don't know where to get the good stuff. Pubs and breweries are good (I know there is a new brewery on long point somewhere), but I'm also looking to pick up some Southern brews that are not distributed in Ohio so I can take some back (sweetwater dank tank is on the list for me, and lazy magnolia if it is here). Any help is much appreciated! I'm on Daniel Island, so East of the Cooper places are good, but if the selection is good enough I'll drive anywhere!

If anyone happens onto this thread later, "Bottles" in Mt. P has a great craft (and wine and liquor) selection. Moultrie Plaza on Coleman Blvd.

TAPS on Dorchester Rd has a nice variety but over priced. Total Wine or Charleston Beer Exchange are the two I frequent the most and TAPS is less than 5 miles from my house so that should say something.

Back