What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this last night... Interesting to say the least!!!

e000dca2be5d11e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Coke zero at the moment (coz I'm at work) but later on tonight, when I get home it'll be the Thomas Cooper Pilsner I put in the Keezer recently

My london bitter which im down to 3 left,somethings up i got a slow foamer-so i stuck the rest in the fridge. I would have to say it has developed alot better than right after carbonation.

How prominent is the bacon flavor? Is it dominant, or just hiding in the background?

I thought it had more than enough bacon flavor. All the flavors are well represented. Smoked malt, applewood bacon and maple are the primary flavors.

I liked it after the first three sips in a novelty sort of way and by the end of the bottle I thought it was gross. I think it might taste better with less bacon. Some people don't taste the bacon at all. Not sure how that is possible. Maybe they eat a slab of bacon every day. The bacon lingered on the back of my tongue long after the bottle was gone.

I'm drinking the Lost Abbey / New Belgium "Brett Beer".

Lost Abbey is one of my favorite brewers. New Belgium is very hit and miss for me, mostly miss. This beer is a let down, so I will blame it on the clowns at New Belgium. :p

They must have used brett C or brett anomalous. This creates a rotten pineapple smell that I find to be very unappealing, but I'll drink it anyway. They probably also used some brett B because there is a leathery / funky aroma and flavor too. It's a light drinking beer that is slightly tart and not sour. It's a little lemony from the Sorachi hops. The aftertaste is leathery and mildly bitter in a non-hoppy way.

I can't find too many redeeming qualities in this beer. I like a lot of beers with brett, but this isn't one of them. Will not buy again.

Just came out on our shelves: Summit Saga(Woah!) and Capital HopCream-its name works. Both very enjoyable.

ive had a bottle of that in my cellar for a few months now. how do you like it? the regular rodenback is great so i figured id buy the grand cru. a friend of mine who had it said it wasnt as sour as he had hoped.

Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum

Advertised as a whole cone imperial ipa. Its got 100 ibus and 10% alcohol. Quite good. The best reaction was my wife when she tried it. Let's just say it wasn't her favorite.

ForumRunner_20120626_201506.jpg

ForumRunner_20120626_202248.jpg

A Fat Tire clone that doesn't really make it on it own, so I'm mixing it 50/50 with Miller High life. Makes it drinkable, and keeps me from throwing it out. Actually makes the Miller better too. ;)

BigBeer4All said:
ive had a bottle of that in my cellar for a few months now. how do you like it? the regular rodenback is great so i figured id buy the grand cru. a friend of mine who had it said it wasnt as sour as he had hoped.

I like it. It is very tart for sure. I don't think that I would like a beer that is more sour than this. The regular rodenbach is pretty good. I like this one a lot better.

My new Russian Imperial Stout. 10% ABV, 90 IBU. Only in the bottle for 9 days. Tastes fabulous but absolutely uncarbonated! I know I added sugar for 2.0 volumes CO2 and it tastes a little sweet but despite 9 days at about 70F, no bubbles or head. It was quite clear when I bottled so the yeast may be very low. I notice no yeast on the bottom of the bottle. I presume the yeast is still alive because it is an alcohol tolerant strain and it had only been three weeks since pitching. Consequently, I inverted all the bottles two times and I will wait another week. I promised myself I wouldn't taste it before two weeks and here I am after 9 days, worried. Patience young grasshopper, patience.

Brewitt said:
My new Russian Imperial Stout. 10% ABV, 90 IBU. Only in the bottle for 9 days. Tastes fabulous but absolutely uncarbonated! I know I added sugar for 2.0 volumes CO2 and it tastes a little sweet but despite 9 days at about 70F, no bubbles or head. It was quite clear when I bottled so the yeast may be very low. I notice no yeast on the bottom of the bottle. I presume the yeast is still alive because it is an alcohol tolerant strain and it had only been three weeks since pitching. Consequently, I inverted all the bottles two times and I will wait another week. I promised myself I wouldn't taste it before two weeks and here I am after 9 days, worried. Patience young grasshopper, patience.

It takes some time! I did a double chocolate imperial stout ABV 13.5% and waited about a month before I cracked one. It was three times better after about 2 1/2 months :)

It takes some time! I did a double chocolate imperial stout ABV 13.5% and waited about a month before I cracked one. It was three times better after about 2 1/2 months :)

+1 to this. Not to pile on here, but I've previously had one of my RIS versions take a good 2.5 months just to carb up

Back