Rhizomes check-in.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Quick poll type question. Has anyone started to recieve their pre-order hops yet. If so who did you order from and when did they start arriving. The rest of the vendors who have not shipped yet should be shipping soon too. Just curious since we had such a short and warm winter. I have been moving seed starts outside into the garden already this season. Looks like we will have a good growing season this year and hops should easilly reach the 20 foot mark this year before harvest time. Thanks in advance for you replies and thoughts.
Bob

I ordered from thyme garden around early February and received my order the Saturday before last. I emailed them beforehand and they said they were shipping out on a first order, first receive basis but they were going to ship out all the southern state orders soon. I got mine about five days after I got that response. I remember ordering mid-January last year and getting my order a week or so earlier than that. So I guess it depends on the grower and how early you placed an order. If you placed an order and haven't received it you might want to email the vendor and ask.

Whooooo Hooooo, Got my willametes yesterday. 5 Nice healthy looking roots with big nasty white buds on them already. Should have em in the ground this weekend and growing happily along. Can't wait to see how well they do in the sandy South here in Fla. My soil is kind of sandy but well amended and well drained so I am hoping for some good results. The next order I placed should arrive in the next week or so and I will have 10 plants and 4 different varieties to experiment with. Next year I plan to add some more from the vigorous ones I have and a few more varieties to give them a try too.
Have a look at my PVC trellis design too.
Bob

I got about 17 rhizomes. 4 varieties. 10' poles x 16. First year growing hops. My soil kinda like yours.

I received 4 rhizomes on Wednesday from Northern Brewer. The temperature here in southwestern PA has dipped below freezing the past 2 nights, so they're still sitting in my fridge. I hope to get them in the ground soon.

Haven't ordered mine yet . They will be coming from Fresh Hops. Getting 12 new rhizomes to go with my 3 two year plants. They will hopefully be in ground second week of may

I ordered 22 from Ralph and Vickie Olsen at RNV Enterprises and received them over 2 weeks ago. They are now growing in temporary 1 gal. pots.

Your Order Contains:
1 x Cascade Rhizome (Expected release date is 1st Apr 2012)
1 x Sterling Rhizome (Expected release date is 1st Apr 2012)
1 x CTZ (Columbus, Tomahawk, or Zeus) Rhizome (Expected release date is 1st Apr 2012)
1 x Centennial Rhizome (Expected release date is 1st Apr 2012)

Might got sent the other day form Nikobrew Supplies the other day, I would think they would be here by Weds or Thursday

Ordered mine from Arrowhead Hops, got them today. Ordered 8, 2 centennial, 2 cascade, 2 chinook and 2 Columbus. Got 2 galena for free! BEAST! Got em in the ground today. Will be making the trellis at the beginning of the week!

Back