isn't it about time for Sierra Nevada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking this myself. It just isn't a proper autumn evening without having some Celebration Ale in the fridge ready to be cracked open.

Hot d*mn! I''ll tell ya, one of our local liquor stores was selling it back in June for $2.99 a six pack! They have been know to do this from time to time with beers they have in stock and they don't get rid of. I bought 2 cases worth. I have bought things on special there like Abita light, Highlands St. Teresa pale ale, Terrapin brown ale, and the list goes on and on for $2-3 dollars a sixer. People are to busy buying miller light and bud light to get to the good stuff. Their crappy taste buds= my gain.

Hot d*mn! I''ll tell ya, one of our local liquor stores was selling it back in June for $2.99 a six pack! They have been know to do this from time to time with beers they have in stock and they don't get rid of. I bought 2 cases worth. I have bought things on special there like Abita light, Highlands St. Teresa pale ale, Terrapin brown ale, and the list goes on and on for $2-3 dollars a sixer. People are to busy buying miller light and bud light to get to the good stuff. Their crappy taste buds= my gain.

Only 2 cases? I would have bought them out at that price!!!

Yeah I should have. Now once they ran a special on 12 packs of Saranac. $7.99 a 12 pack! I bought $84 dollars worth. They were sample packs. Each had 3 pale ale's, 3 pomegranate wheat, 3 summer brews and 3 Helles. My wife damn near crapped herself until she realized they had a pomegranate wheat and the summer ales mixed in.

Pretty sure one of my local liquor stores had it yesterday... maybe it was last years left over?? I'd doubt that though.

It's funny but Tumbler only just started showing up here the past few weeks. Seems like we don't see Celebration until November or so. I do go through a bunch when it hits the stores and often have it with Thanksgiving Dinner.

Earlier in the year I was getting 2009 Celebration at a store in Pensacola for five bucks a six pack and while they were still good (and very drinkable) they were definitely past their prime. This is a beer that is at it's best fresher in my opinion.

Back