White stuff in the bottom of primary!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Lol, I never get tired of that. Yes there is yeast in my primary. There is also hop residue on the outside of my fermenter. Very sloppy! So should I be surprised that there is a black cloud of God knows what in the top of my carboy?

carboy.jpg

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/Q8q8q8q8/?action=view&current=carboy.jpg

I decided to experiment with the last bit of wort left in my mash tun. Why not? it's free, and I had a free carboy. I dumped the leftovers from my Helles Munich lager into the carboy, a couple of pounds of cane sugar, and topped it up. White Labs Irish Ale yeast.

After several days and a little thought, I decided that there were nowhere near enough grains in that batch. So, I dumped a completely carbonated and aged imperial stout (my "Dave's") into the carboy. It is so potent it may up the abv a little and it sure changed the color. The whole thing is now a dark, dark brown.

It just may be drinkable.

Back