• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Pre-Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlynge

Reaction score
Hey all, I live in Florida and ground water temps suck here. I am looking to purchase a pre-chiller from anyone who is willing to part with theirs. Let me know!

Hey brother. I'm in Tampa also and have had problems in the past dealing with tap water temps for cooling. I did the prechiller thing for awhile, but it isn't really effective. My advice is to spend your cash on a small aquarium pump ($15 w/ shipping on ebay) and recirculate ice water through your primary chiller once you've stabilized temps with the tap water (after 85 F). Once I hook up the ice water/pump...the wort will once again blast through the plateau and get you where you need to be real quick.
But, if for some reason you still want a pre-chiller, I have one I'll sell you. Its sitting in my closet and, being local, you can save on shipping.

Back