Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outta curiosity, whatta you guys think of that "illegal forward pass" call? Obviously as a fan, I saw Cutler's back foot on the line, foot coming off the ground. Close for sure, hard to reverse on replay for sure. So.....?

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Outta curiosity, whatta you guys think of that "illegal forward pass" call? Obviously as a fan, I saw Cutler's back foot on the line, foot coming off the ground. Close for sure, hard to reverse on replay for sure. So.....?

I can see why it was called the way it was. Sometimes watching on tv we rely so much on the animated lines they put on the screen, but they're not always completely accurate. If they had just left it with the ruling on the field there would've been a lot more doubt. Once it's put under further review, I put more trust in the outcome. I'm a big fan of my certain teams but, when it comes down to it, I don't want them to win based on poor calls by the officials. I don't like to see that happen with any team whether I'm going for them or not.

no, because that happened to a relevant team

By "relevant", I'm guessing you mean "second place", right? Keep talkin' though, your grasp of football is enlightening to all of us.

I can see why it was called the way it was. Sometimes watching on tv we rely so much on the animated lines they put on the screen, but they're not always completely accurate. If they had just left it with the ruling on the field there would've been a lot more doubt. Once it's put under further review, I put more trust in the outcome. I'm a big fan of my certain teams but, when it comes down to it, I don't want them to win based on poor calls by the officials. I don't like to see that happen with any team whether I'm going for them or not.

Oh, I totally see why the call was made, he was moving forward and on the line at best. No way they could reverse it either. I just think alotta times the refs let that call go.

Gotta say though, I knew Hou was tough, but seeing how they played last night, I'm sold... they're good, real good. Foster is a beast, their fullback too, Foster should be buying him dinner weekly. Defense is really top notch too, very aggressive and fast. Woulda been hard for the Bears to beat them in good weather and with a starting QB.

I'm hoping Cutler can make a quick comeback and we can keep the good season rolling.... mayhap we get a rematch in Feb. :tank:

you will thumbs up damn near anything I post, won't you?

you are probably responsible for 80+% of my total thumbs-ups.

Too close to reverse, but it did look like a legal throw to me. Amazing that they actually "confirmed" it on replay.

Too close to reverse, but it did look like a legal throw to me. Amazing that they actually "confirmed" it on replay.

That's what I think too, really close, but nothing on video to overturn. The verbage ("confirmed the ruling...") was odd, but can't cry over spilt milk, they played like $hit and one play (albeit a big one) wouldn't have changed the outcome IMO.

waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!! waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!! waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!!

...but can't cry over spilt milk....

waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!! waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!! waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!! waaaaa!!! waaaaa!! waaaaa!!!!

oh, irony, thy name is nordeastbrewer77

lets move on to more important topics.

i just recently got a laptop refresh at work. i've had it for over a week now.

why, today, does lotus decide to take up 15% cpu usage continuously while idling?? wtf?? so now the case fan is on constantly. i've tried restarting.

curiously, when i first logged on this morning and opened lotus, it just sat at the "loading" screen for about 15 minutes until i decided to restart.

IT must have deleted your history of "video downloads" and Lotus is re-downloading all searches for the term "bears" and "video" into your library. You may be getting a call from your manager very soon.

4545096534_45e15bc659_o.jpg

In the graphic, each team has a victory over the team next to it, going clockwise, until it circles back.

how is that "parity"?

i wonder, statistically, how easy that graph would be to accomplish.

this is goodell-fapping at its finest. and hoppy is just gobbling it up.

man, you are really dumb. Just too stupid to be true

is it hard to talk with a mouthfull of goodell?

are you saying that as long as we can construct your "wheel of stupidity" we have "parity"?

even tho, per the "great wheel", each team will only need to win once to construct it.

yes, which is why, instead of explaining it, your only response is, "ur dumb".

"oh no you're too stupid i can't even asplain it to you."

yeah, cool story bro.

yes, which is why, instead of explaining it, your only response is, "ur dumb".

"oh no you're too stupid i can't even asplain it to you."

yeah, cool story bro.

Oh my god, you really need me to explain the graphic to you? Serious?

Team B beats team A, but loses to team C.....all the way through every team in the NFL. It's a perfect example of parity. Sorry it's too radical for you to get.

HOW is that parity??

example- lets say the bills f--king blow (well, we don't have to imagine very hard), go 1-15....but that ONE win was against the Chiefs.

your stupid wheel can still be constructed - yet the bills still f-ing blow.

perfect "parity" is everyone going 8-8 - NOT that you can somehow create magic wheel of goodell spunk.

keep your mouth open!!

Hint: it's only week 10

lol! your "hint" is that it's nearly 2/3rds of the way thru the season?

if we had "parity" your "wheel of poor math" could be constructed after week 2.

also your pic is meaningless to me because I don't look at g*y p*rn.

That circle was cool 2 years ago, less cool last year, and meaningless this year. Parity is when all teams have a 50/50 chance of winning each week no matter who the opponent is. Could the Titans beat the Texans? Sure (yeah right)... but do it 10 times and its not like the Titans are going to win 5 times. Since you believe in parity, then you'd have to say yes, the Titans would beat the Texans 5 times out of 10.

"Any given Sunday" is not parity. There IS parity this year, but the Circle Of Fail is meaningless. There's about eight teams that all have legitimate shots at the title, almost all of whom have some flaw. None of these teams is heads-and-shoulders better than the others.

Pats
Ravens
Houston
Giants
Bears
Packers
Falcons
San Fran
*maybe* the Broncos

That's parity, *not* the fact that Kansas City somehow managed a win against the Saints so you could complete your circle-jerk. I'd wager you could complete that circle if you looked at most NFL seasons.

no, bird, don't you get it??? the seahawks beat the patriots, who beat the rams! it's parity!! all teams have at least one win and one loss!!

i think it's fitting that the 11,000 post was dedicated to displaying the vast ignorance of seahawk fans.

Back