Possible first infection!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

907_fellow

Reaction score
So I brewed this raspberry wheat for a friend. Racked into primary just like normal. Let it sit in primary two weeks, then transferred it into secondary on Saturday. This was my first time racking into a secondary, and I only did it because of the raspberry extract addition required. Now this is what I found today (Monday).

image-2894098989.jpg

image-853936642.jpg

Sorry the pics are hard to tell what's going on. Basically, it looks like a bunch of real small bubbles grouped up together at this point. Is this beer destined for the drain?

No... I see that sort of stuff all the time in my 2nd's....and firsts (if I don't secondary)

that looks perfectly normal to me

If you had an infection, after 2 and half weeks (approx.) I think it would be more advanced than that. Keep an eye on it, but it looks like yeast rafts to me.

Ok cool. I just didn't kno becaus like I said this is my first time I have racked to a secondary. Hasn't really gotten any different since the pic so I got my fingers crossed.

Back