Best Beer Store in DFW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berock

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get a good selection of hard to find beers in DFW? I got a friend going there this weekend and he wants to pick some up beers you can't get in Kansas. He plans on going to Central Market in South Lake. Any other suggestions?

Central Market and whole foods is exactly what I thought of. Haven't found a better selection anywhere else.

Up North in the Suburbs, there is

Keg & Barrel - In Plano, Plano Parkway, west. And on Parker & 75, east of Target.
S&K Liquors - In Plano, Spring Creek & 75. North of Walmart.

He should make a list of what's here and bring something for you from Kansas
that you can't get. I bought a few beers that were only in San Jose, CA and Cocoa Beach, FL. Funny most of the FL beer was from the northeast.

I would recommend going to Addison, Texas...on Inwood Road, they have over 20 mega liquor stores (of which, Centenial has a great selection 15055 Inwood Road, Addison - (972) 239-5891).

There is a Sigel's on Greenville avenue ( and probably some others scattered around). They have a pretty good beer selection plus a gigantic liquor selection. Other than that Whole Foods and Central Market are probably your best bet. Plus if there is something hard to find Whole Foods will usually bend over backwards to get it for you.

The Majestic in Arlington at 30 and Eastchase has a decent selection. It's mostly stuff you can find at other well stocked stores but they usually have a handful of beers that are hard to find elsewhere.

The Beer Lab in Pantego has a healthy Belgian selection but it is super expensive. Not really worth buying there unless you are desperate to get something they have.

Halls in Colleyville at 121 and Glade has a great selection but it is also pricey. I feel like now that they have permission to sell liquor the beer selection is a little thinner but it could just be appearance of how crowded the store is.

The best part of Central Market is they will allow you to break up six packs/four packs and buy beers individually at the unit price rather than an inflated individual price.

World Market also has a decent selection and will allow you to buy individuals but I believe they do inflate the price when you buy individually.

Back