So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed my brew day this past weekend. Today (whilst working from home) I'll be brewing up a 5.5G batch of Ed's Bavarian Hefeweizen. (Checked the beer cellar and I only have about a 12 pack left of the last batch!!!) Luckily this beer matures very quickly!

If you haven't made this recipe, I suggest you give it a try!

Although I think I need to lower the grain bill as I just hit 83% efficiency on preboil extraction. :mug::mug::mug:

No brews for the weekend in my future...I've had a hankering for brewing mid-week for the last two weeks. The first one ended at around 12:15AM with a helper and last night's ended at around 2AM with most cleanup completed.

I was going to bre up an oatmeal stout but midwest still hasn't shipped my irder. I guess that means they're very busy, which is a good thing. Guess I'll be bottling my american brown, instead. Dying to try it, first all grain batch.

I work weekends so Tues/ Wed is my "weekend" Just got my infusion water on for a BlueRaz Wheat! An american wheat fermented with crushed rassberries and aged with blueberry juice.

I took Friday off to enjoy the nice weather and looking to do a double brew day. However may only get one done. Have somewhere to be at 530. Looking to do EdWorts haus ale. Then a Brown ale if I have time. Might mash in while boiling the first one. Should knock an hour off the day.

I will be brewing early sat morning a 10 gal batch of California common. This is the 2nd time in brewing this type of beer. The 1st batch turned out great!

I will be brewing up a 5.5G batch of Ed's Bavarian Hefeweizen. I can't wait, I've been on a hefe kick lately.

Double Brew weekend as well.

Good Friday: London Pride Pub Ale (Maltose Falcon brew club recipe)
Easter: Celis White clone

Cheers!

Brewing 5 gal of BM's Helles Belles as part of the GRABASS Brew N Q today. SHould be a great day for brewing and bbq!

Going to brew up another round of Cream Ale today. Keg kicked yesterday and I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Of course now I can't start until this afternoon -- gotta go pick up 2 half barrels and a 1/4 barrel keg of CL! :rockin:

Just put the lid on Lil Sparky's oatmeal stout. About the 5th time I have made this one. I'm calling this version "Hair of the Dog Oatmeal Stout" because I fished a half dozen of my lab's hairs out of it prior to the boil.

15 Gallons of Bavarian Hefeweizen, to ferment at 65 degrees in a chest freezer in my garage while I enjoy this wonderful Texas weather. :D

My first brew since February, an Extra Pale Ale because I need a hop fix and I want to use up some of my home grown hops from last year.

#104 Extra Pale Ale

A ProMash Recipe Report

BJCP Style and Style Guidelines
-------------------------------
06-B Light Hybrid Beer, Blonde Ale
Min OG: 1.038 Max OG: 1.054
Min IBU: 15 Max IBU: 28
Min Clr: 2 Max Clr: 5 Color in SRM, Lovibond

Recipe Specifics
----------------
Batch Size (Gal): 5.50 Wort Size (Gal): 5.50
Total Grain (Lbs): 8.50
Anticipated OG: 1.045 Plato: 11.08
Anticipated SRM: 4.3
Anticipated IBU: 46.8
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------
Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 6.47 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.038 SG 9.47 Plato

Formulas Used
-------------
Brewhouse Efficiency and Predicted Gravity based on Method #1, Potential Used.
Final Gravity Calculation Based on Points.
Hard Value of Sucrose applied. Value for recipe: 46.2100 ppppg
Yield Type used in Gravity Prediction: Fine Grind Dry Basis.
Color Formula Used: Morey
Hop IBU Formula Used: Rager

Grain/Extract/Sugar
% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
100.0 8.50 lbs. Pale Malt (2-row) Northwester America 1.036 3
Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops
Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.75 oz. Nugget - Home Whole 11.00 33.6 60 min.
0.50 oz. Nugget - Home Whole 11.00 6.0 15 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - Home Whole 4.00 2.2 15 min.
0.50 oz. Nugget - Home Whole 11.00 3.7 5 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - Home Whole 4.00 1.4 5 min.

Yeast
-----
White Labs WLP001 California Ale

Mash Schedule
-------------
Mash Type: Single Step
Grain Lbs: 8.50
Water Qts: 12.00 - Before Additional Infusions
Water Gal: 3.00 - Before Additional Infusions
Qts Water Per Lbs Grain: 1.41 - Before Additional Infusions
Saccharification Rest Temp : 154 Time: 60
Mash-out Rest Temp : 168 Time: 15
Sparge Temp : 170 Time: 45
Total Mash Volume Gal: 3.68 - Dough-In Infusion Only
All temperature measurements are degrees Fahrenheit.

Brewing a bastardized dortmunder tomorrow.

Pilsner, Victory, Wheat and Melanoidin malts
magnum and saaz hops
German Ale yeast

Not exactly to style, but its a startpoint for what might turn into a really unique beer

First post, after lurking for ages...but its a big brew weekend for me. Yesterday I did my first IPA (and it came in at 1065 :D ), 16 gal of honey pale ale, and tomorrow I'm doing 16 gal of BM's Cream of 3 Crops with wyeast koelsch yeast.

bottled an American Brown today, first all grain batch. Kinda butchered it which never happened before. Got throu 3 TAD bottles before the last 3/4 of a galon got oxidized because of trying to bottle from a better bottle. Ordering a bottling bucket now.

A chest freezer to ferment in ? Argh anothe piece of equpment

It will be well worth it in the improvement of your beer. I've tasted many a homebrew from folks in Austin who brew at room temp too high.

If you cannot afford one, then look into the Son of Fermentation Chiller. I used one successfully at first and then picked up a scratch & dent freezer at Fry's.

I tape the controller's sensor to one of the fermenters and when it shows 65 the ambient temp in the freezer will be 55 during the first couple of days of fermentation. Beer generates lots of heat, up to a 10 degree increase from ambient and it will affect your beer.

I will be very hot here in Beer Hell in a matter of weeks and that's when I start lagering again. I love having a chest freezer to ferment in.

I brewed up 11 gallons of bitter today. It's my first British pale ale. The wort tasted a little too bitter.

Finished a partial mash on AHB Dunkelweizen. Already vigorously fermenting - ah, the sound and smell of bubbly goodness in my basement.

Added 1/4 oz extra Palisade hops last 15 minutes of the wort boil. Gotta hop it up for Spring north of the 40th parallel.

IG=1.051, like buttah!:tank:

Just confirmed that i'm brewing this coming weekend. a mini-batch to be my first ever all-grain brew. i will likely use some kind of adjunct either in the form of honey or jaggery, but that's depending on how high i get my gravity. it's going to be lapsang souchong rauchbier. yay!

I'm very tempted to brew a Stone Old Guardian clone this weekend. I guess I better decide and order my stuff tomorrow...

Back