Thin yellow line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
I have developed a thin yellow ring around the neck of a five gallon batch of wine. It is just a thin pencil size ring right on top. It needs racked this week end. Any ideas on what it is or should I be concerned about it. Thanks Mike

I have developed a thin yellow ring around the neck of a five gallon batch of wine. It is just a thin pencil size ring right on top. It needs racked this week end. Any ideas on what it is or should I be concerned about it. Thanks Mike

Do you have a picture? It could be simple, like some yeast debris around the neck or it could be something more like flowers of wine.

101_4794.jpg

This is the stuff. Mike

Looks like a bit of yeast debris left over from the krausen to me but I generally don't do wines mostly beer. But every batch of beer an apple wine I do has that and it doesn't seen to affect anything. By any chance are you fermenting at a slightly high temp? ( maybe 72 rather than 65)

Back