First brew that I'm proud to share...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandw12786

Reaction score
After 3 weeks in primary and 3 weeks in the bottle, I'm proud to say that my 5th batch of beer is finally the one that I'm proud to had someone a bottle of and say "I made this."

My brother and I have worked very hard trying to get a recipe right, but they all had the same off flavor, so after searching the forum, I decided the problem may be my water.

Correct!

This stuff is great, I took the recipe for "Dog Days of Summer Ale" and replaced some light extract with wheat extract as a poster in the thread suggested. This tastes like beer should, and just what I was expecting!!!

Thanks to everyone on this board who gave me the advice to make this brew great. My brother and I brewed a Pale Ale today, and I already know it's going to be great!!! Thanks everyone!!!! Wish I could give a bottle to all who responded to my endless requests for help, but I'm far too selfish for that! :D

Great to hear - I know that the threads here at HBT have helped me immensely.

B

Do this mean I don't get mine? Sniff!

Great to see you have survived to improve your beer. Some get discouraged and quit.

Now enter in the NHC.

I was getting pretty discouraged for awhile, and I still really wish I had tried different water earlier, would've saved about $150 of ingredients!!!

Was considering a contest soon, but we don't ever really have any around here, and I don't know where to find others in the region to enter, any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back