Starting An Apiary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I might have a line on a free set of boxes for a bee comb.

I have a very old book, a good location, and there is the internet.

Does anyone here have any helpful info for a noobie bee keeper?

Hi Henry.
Kind of late to be getting any this season unless you have a line on an already established hive or else you will have to be feeding them a lot.
Here is a link to a forum where you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about Beekeeping its the HBT of Bees and Beeks.
Beesource Beekeeping Forums

I have three hives at the moment 2 Hybrid Russian/Carniolans and a Swarm of Italians that hived themselves last month that I will be converting to R/C's next summer.

One thing I might suggest is to go with all mediums for your equipment,hive bodies and all mainly because it will keep all your equipment uniform and they are easier on the back when you have to lift them then deeps. A deep can weigh right around 90 pounds and a medium around 60 pounds these are ten frame boxes.
Here's another site of a fellow who I would trust not to steer a New Beek in the wrong direction.
Beekeeping Naturally, Bush Bees, Beekeeping with foundationless frames, top bar hive beekeeping, queens, survivor bees, beekeeping with long hives, beekeeping with natural cell size, beekeeping with small cell bees, small cell beekeeping, organic bee

Hope this helps and if you have any others questions let us know

Soperbrew taught me everything I need to know in that regard.:D

You rock Soper! :rockin:

Latest posts

Back