Getting back to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warix

Reaction score
I used to brew about 6-8 batches a year. Then life got complicated and we moved a few times and it took a toll on my homebrewing. So after about 6 years of not brewing I have been thinking it is about time to start it back up again. Today was the clincher. My wife brought home a growler from Bevmo that contained a root beer. It reminded me so much of the one I used to make and that is all it took to go from thinking to acting. (She is kinda regretting the growler now). Right after the new year I plan to dig out my brewing equipment out of the shed and clean it all up and find out how much of it is still good. If is kinda funny that all it took was a soda to make me want to brew again. I have all of my brew books stacked up on my night stand and the reading begins tonight.

My name is Bill, and I am from Washington State and I live in the Kitsap area.

Hi Bill! Welcome back to the obsession! I'm just to the south of you (or maybe east, depending) in Tacoma. If you're just starting here, don't bother with any other forums! HBT is definitely the best! What books are you pouring through? I'd recommend John Palmer's "How to Brew", the original edition is available online at www.howtobrew.com, but the print version is worth it.

Again, welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome. The books I have are the two books from Charlie Papazian and then I have Millers guide to Homebrewing.

Welcome back! I agree about HBT. Really great information here. I also came back after many years away from brewing. I'm amazed how much more fun it is now; I'm thrilled about the improved equipment and ingredients. It has really opened up the hobby!

Back