Grain bag re-use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger48

Reaction score
Does anybody re-use their grain bags in partial extract brewing?

I've tossed the last couple hop bags I've in my all extracts because it seemed like they were too messy to deal with but larger muslin bags are around 3 bucks... seems a little wasteful to be tossing one at each batch.

I dump all the grains out of them, and then rinse well. Then, I either throw them in the laundry with the dish towels, or run them through the dishwasher with the dishes.

YooperBrew said:
I dump all the grains out of them, and then rinse well. Then, I either throw them in the laundry with the dish towels, or run them through the dishwasher with the dishes.
+1. I just toss mine in the top shelf of the dishwasher.

:mug: Hmm, my LBHS said not to get anywhere near soap but if you guys aren't having any problems I'm running mine through the dishwasher. That silly hippy.;)

Muslin bags I throw away after one use.

Nylon bags are very much reusable. When it finally wears out, you can get cheap replacements at Home Depot - look for a 2 pack of Large Paint Strainers available next to the heavy duty paint sprayer display, should be about $3 for 2 of them.

Latest posts

Back