Mini Fridge Kegerator conversion - Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time2trade

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Fairly new to the boards, but have sifted through all of the great mini-fridge conversions and am a bit stuck. The problem is that most of these conversions are for versions of mini-fridges not available in Canada, or are now obsolete bar fridges...

While I think I could apply most of these conversions to a current model, i'd rather not make a stupid mistake cutting a coolant line, or simply making more work for myself. Seems like many people have had great success with good instructions. Best to be safe :)

Does anyone have a current conversion/build for a mini fridge that is currently available in Canada? Some name brands and models I am contemplating, that are around 4.3-4.5 cu ft are:

GE GMR05BLPBBC (Walmart)

Sunbeam 4.3 Cu. Ft. Bar Fridge (SBCR122BSL) (Futureshop)

Danby 4.4 Cubic Feet Compact All-Fridge - Model: DAR440BL (Home Depot)

Koolatron 4.6 cu. ft. (130L) Kool Compact Fridge - Model: BC-130SS (Home Depot)

GE 4.5 Cubic Feet Energy Star Compact Refrigerator - Model: GMR05BLPBBC (Home Depot)

Whirlpool Energy Star® Compact Refrigerator - Model number WAR488BSL (Canadian Tire)

Danby Compact Fridge with Freezer, 4.3 cu.ft - Model number DCR122BLDD (Canadian Tire)

Any thoughts on these ones? Any others? Much appreciated. I want to get this going for summer!

Cheers.

I live in Windsor On and bought a Costco special Danby Kegerator for $450. It's a single tap and comes with the CO2 tank. I think you will be hard pressed to make one yourself cheaper. The downside is that it only has 1 tap. This has been serving me well for over a year...But I do plan on upgrading to a 2 tap tower eventually. I fits a 1/2 barrel keg. It fits 2 ball lock cornies and the co2 tank inside the fridge.

These fridges are usually sold in the spring at my local Costco. I don't have the model number handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back