• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rims Tube with accessories

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbrewing

Reaction score
I am selling my stainless 1.5" Tri Clover 2-piece RIMS Tube. It comes with the following.

5 - Tri Clover Clamps
5 - Silicone Gaskets
1 - 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS open Fitting (For heater element)
1 - 1.5" Tri Clover Tri Clamp X 1/4" Compression Adapter (for temperature probe)
2 - 1.5" Tri Clover X 1/2" Hose Barb fitting

This is the the model from Brewers Hardware

I will also include two custom mounting brackets.

Does not include the heating element.

$119.00 + shipping

This item sells new as described for around $190.00 + shipping

Warnings from the Manufacturers Website.

-It is imperative that the heater element be wired by a qualified electrician, enclosed in a water-tight enclosure and protected with a FOCI circuit breaker! Improper wiring and/or control of a heater element in this environment CAN AND WILL KILL YOU. If you are not 100% sure you know what you are doing, get help. If you have any doubt, do not purchase this item.
-This device is inherently dangerous. Improperly used, dangerous pressure can quickly build in the tube resulting in an explosion of boiling liquid CAUSING EXTREME INJURY, BURNS OR EVEN DEATH!
-You must use a temperature controller to monitor the effluent temperature and control the heater element. A device that can adjust the intensity of the output such as with PID technology and an SSR are recommended. The BCS-460 or BrewTroller are two of the better qualified devices on the market. Always set the temperature below 175* to prevent the element from boiling the wort in the tube.
-You must also use a pump to move the wort across the element. A control relay must be installed that prevents the element’s control relay from closing unless the pump is operating. There are quite a few ways to accomplish this, but your system should be wired so that the element cannot energize if the wort is not moving across it. This wiring in conjunction with the temperature monitor are the only safety features preventing the element from boiling wort in the tube resulting in a dangerous build up of pressure and possible explosion.
-Each time you assemble the RIMS tube, be sure that the element is not contacting the body or thermowell of the RIMS tube. Carefully bend the element as needed to ensure the element is not contacting the tube body. ---Never use an element that cannot be installed without clearing the tube body.
-Never rotate the inlet and outlet while the RIMS tube is in operation.
If you have any doubts in your ability to install and operate this RIMS tube, don't purchase.

You got a pic? I might be interested.

Checked out the website but retail is showing $110 for the item?? Am I missing something here?

Yes. You are missing all the configuration options. That price is for just the tube without anything additional. You need the accessories to make it functional. You need a way to thread in the water heater element, you need a way to connect a temperature probe, and you will need inputs and outputs for liquid flow. Of course, everything is connected up with Tri Clover Clamps. The accessories drive up the cost fairly quickly.

I will get a picture up later this afternoon. It looks the same as what is linked but would be glad to post the picture.

Latest posts

Back